Alpha Gamma Omega Chapter
University of California, Los Angeles
Meetings are Tuesdays of even weeks from 6-7pm in Humanities 250!
Candidates for membership must have:
- Completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college coursework and be currently enrolled
- Completed two English courses above English 4W
- A 3.0 GPA overall and in your English coursework
- Have attended at least three Sigma Tau Delta meetings or events
►If you do not meet the eligibility requirements at this time but would like to get involved, you are welcome to attend and participate in our chapter's Sigma Tau Delta meetings and events!
►Applications will be processed only once per quarter, at the end of Week 4. Please note that it can take several weeks to receive your certificate but, in the meantime, you are welcome to participate in all club activities. Due dates for each quarter are as follows:
FALL: October 23, 2015
WINTER: January 29, 2016
SPRING: April 22, 2016
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Academic recognition.
- Writing opportunities and access to Sigma Tau Delta's creative and critical writing journals and online publications.
- Eligibility for scholarships, internships, writing awards, and more through the national organization.
- Student leadership, community service, and event planning experience.
- Chance to attend and present research at the yearly Sigma Tau Delta annual convention.
- A membership certificate and lapel pin.
- Lifetime affiliation and fellowship.
For more benefits and information visit www.english.org.