UG Support Counseling Office
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4 PM
Drop-in counseling. No appointment necessary. Please bring a laptop or tablet device so that you can access your degree audit.
If you need to contact us electronically, please use MyUCLA MessageCenter and direct your inquiry to Academic counseling unit — English.
Please visit the Undergraduate Counseling Office to:
- Declare a major in English or American Literature and Culture
- Declare a minor in English or Literature and the Environment
- Learn about the major/minor programs
- Learn about special programs, including English Departmental Honors, Creative Writing workshops, and the Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
- Talk to a counselor about program planning and course selection
- Petition for credit or exemption from a major requirement
- Discuss Study Abroad and how it may apply to your major
- Submit English 195CE/197/199 contract course forms for processing
- Consult about problems with a particular English course or professor
- Change majors from English to American Literature and Culture or vice versa, or change concentrations within the English major
- Get assistance with College petitions, including Late/Retroactive Add, Restricted Late Drop, Red Drop, Change Grading Detail, and Withdrawal
- Receive information on declaring candidacy and non-attendance
If you are a returning student needing a manual degree check, are unable to come to drop-in counseling hours, or are traveling from out of town, please call the counseling office at (310) 825-1389 to make an appointment.
For questions regarding your General Education requirements or University requirements, please go to your counseling unit: