UG Opportunities Societies & Associations
Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
Meetings are held on Tuesdays of even weeks from 6-7 PM in Humanities 250.
Candidates for membership must have:
- Completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college coursework and be currently enrolled
- Completed two English classes beyond 4W
- Have a 3.0 GPA overall and in English coursework
- Have at least attended two Sigma Tau Delta meetings or events
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements at this time but would like to get involved, you are welcome to attend and participate in our chapter’s Sigma Tau Delta meetings and events!
Accepted candidates must pay a $60 lifetime membership fee. Turn in completed application and fee to the Undergraduate Counseling Office in Humanities 160, or to Danielle Maris’ mailbox in the English Main Office in 149 Humanities. Check or money order only (made payable to the UC Regents). We cannot accept cash! Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or the UCLA Message Center.
Applications will be processed only once per quarter, at the end of Week 4. Please note that it can take several weeks to receive your certificate, but, in the meantime, you are welcome to participate in all club activities.
Benefits of Membership
- Academic recognition.
- Writing opportunities and access to Sigma Tau Delta’s creative and critical writing journals and online publications.
- Eligibility for scholarships, internships, writing awards, and more through the national organization.
- Student leadership, community service, and event planning experience.
- Chance to attend and present research at the yearly Sigma Tau Delta annual convention.
- A membership certificate and lapel pin.
- Lifetime affiliation and fellowship.
For more benefits and information, visit www.english.org.