Administrative InformationIT Support

Resources – IT Support

Computer Help

For computer hardware and software problems or questions, contact the Dept. DTA at ext. 5-3896 or the IT Manager at ext. 6-2163.

Computer Loaners

The department has portable PCs and a portable Mac for short-term use in the classroom by faculty and TA’s. We also have a video camera available. If you are interested in borrowing any of this equipment for a limited period of time, please contact the IT Manager with the desired dates, the needed purpose and where the equipment will be used. Since we will attempt to accommodate many needs with this equipment, it is not available for long-term use, nor may it be taken off campus during class sessions.

Computer Upgrade Program for Faculty

Upon a Senate faculty member’s arrival at UCLA, he or she will be provided with a new computer through the Humanities computer upgrade program, which is managed by Humtech. Additionally, the Division may provide you with some additional funds towards the cost of software or other computing equipment you may wish to purchase. This equipment remains the property of the University of California but you are entitled to its exclusive use during your tenure here. Senate faculty members will receive computer upgrades every 4 years. When you receive a computer upgrade, Humtech will ask you to return the older machines. Please contact the IT Manager or Dept. Manager for details.


Humtech purchases software licenses for business purposes, including MS Windows, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat Pro. A user may use up to 2 copies for business purposes (for example, a copy on their office computer and a copy on their laptop). Please see the IT Manager for help.