UG Opportunities Societies & Associations
Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
Applications to Sigma Tau Delta are on hold for 2020-2021 due to difficulties posed by the pandemic.
**NOTE FOR FALL 2020: We are working with the Sigma Tau Delta national office to update application and fee payment protocols for our remote learning environment. Fall 2020 application information will be posted once it becomes available.
Candidates for membership must:
- Complete at least three semesters or five quarters of college coursework and be currently enrolled
- Complete two English classes beyond 4W
- Have a 3.0 GPA overall and in English coursework
- Have at least attended two Sigma Tau Delta meetings or events
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements at this time but would like to get involved, you are welcome to attend and participate in our chapter’s Sigma Tau Delta meetings and events!
Accepted candidates must pay a $60 lifetime membership fee. Turn in completed application and fee to the Undergraduate Counseling Office in Kaplan 160, or to Stephanie Bundy’s mailbox in the English Main Office in Kaplan 149. Check or money order only (made payable to UCLA Sigma Tau Delta). We cannot accept cash! Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or the UCLA Message Center.
Applications will be processed only once per quarter, at the end of Week 4. Please note that it can take several weeks to receive your certificate, but, in the meantime, you are welcome to participate in all club activities.
Benefits of Membership
- Academic recognition.
- Writing opportunities and access to Sigma Tau Delta’s creative and critical writing journals and online publications.
- Eligibility for scholarships, internships, writing awards, and more through the national organization.
- Student leadership, community service, and event planning experience.
- Chance to attend and present research at the yearly Sigma Tau Delta annual convention.
- A membership certificate and lapel pin.
- Lifetime affiliation and fellowship.
For more benefits and information, visit www.english.org.