UG Support Counseling Office
Due to ongoing physical distancing directives, the English Undergraduate Advising Office will be remote access only until further notice.
To access major/minor degree checksheets and advising FAQs, visit our English Advising Box Folder.
Students should contact us through MyUCLA MessageCenter (Academic counseling unit: English) or by calling (310) 825-1389.
If you have a more in-depth advising question, you can book a phone or Zoom appointment with an advisor.
To book an appointment with Steph Bundy, please use this scheduling tool.
To book an appointment with Janel Munguia, please send Janel a message via MyUCLA MessageCenter.
Zoom drop-in advising hours are available weekly, and are announced via our undergraduate email listserv. The exact days/times change from week-to-week to accommodate various time zones and class/work/life schedules. Keep an eye on your inbox for each week’s times!
Winter 2021 Enrollment Workshops
Set yourself up for a successful Winter enrollment cycle by signing up for one of our enrollment workshops.
While all English and American Lit majors are welcome to attend, these sessions are especially appropriate for recent transfers experiencing their first enrollment cycle at UCLA and for sophomore and junior students who are ready to start taking upper-division coursework for the major.
Pre-registration is required.
Workshop 1: Tuesday, October 27, 4 to 5 pm (REGISTER HERE)
Workshop 2: Friday, October 30, 10 to 11 am (REGISTER HERE)
Workshop 3: Wednesday, November 4, 2 to 3 pm (REGISTER HERE)
Workshop 4: Thursday, November 5, 9 to 10 am (REGISTER HERE)
Have a question for your central advising unit? Remote advising instructions can be accessed through the links below.
Adjusting to remote learning? Visit the Center for the Advancement of Teaching’s remote learning resource page below.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4 PM
Drop-in counseling. No appointment necessary. Please bring a laptop or tablet device so that you can access your degree audit.
If you need to contact us electronically, please use MyUCLA MessageCenter and direct your inquiry to Academic counseling unit — English.
Please visit the Undergraduate Counseling Office to:
- Declare a major in English or American Literature and Culture
- Declare a minor in English or Literature and the Environment
- Learn about the major/minor programs
- Learn about special programs, including English Departmental Honors, Creative Writing workshops, and the Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
- Talk to a counselor about program planning and course selection
- Petition for credit or exemption from a major requirement
- Discuss Study Abroad and how it may apply to your major
- Submit English 195CE/197/199 contract course forms for processing
- Consult about problems with a particular English course or professor
- Change majors from English to American Literature and Culture or vice versa, or change concentrations within the English major
- Get assistance with College petitions, including Late/Retroactive Add, Restricted Late Drop, Red Drop, Change Grading Detail, and Withdrawal
- Receive information on declaring candidacy and non-attendance
If you are a returning student needing a manual degree check, are unable to come to drop-in counseling hours, or are traveling from out of town, please call the counseling office at (310) 825-1389 to make an appointment.
For questions regarding your General Education requirements or University requirements, please go to your counseling unit: