Bedient, Calvin B
Fax: 310.267.4339 / E-mail
Ph.D., Univ. of Washington, 1964
Twentieth-Century British, Mid-Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century American Literature.
- Candy Necklace. Hanover, NH: Univ. Press of New England, 1997
- He Do the Police in Different Voices: The Waste Land and its Protagonist. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 1987
- In the Heart’s Last Kingdom: Robert Penn Warren’s Major Poetry. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Univ. Press, 1984
- Eight Contemporary Poets. London: Oxford Univ. Press, 1974
- Architects of the Self: George Eliot, D.H. Lawrence, and E.M. Forster. Berkeley: UC Press, 1972;
“Yeats, Lawrence, Eliot.” In The Columbia History of English Poetry. Ed. Carl Woodring. New York: Columbia Univ. Press, 1993; Slide-Wheeling Around the Curves” (on Charles Wright). The Southern Review (Winter 1991), 221-234; “Kristeva and Poetry as Shattered Signification.” Critical Inquiry (Summer 1990), 807-829; “The Crabbed Genius of Belfast (Paul Muldoon, Medbh McGuckian).” Parnassus: Poetry in Review, 16:1 (1990), 195-216; “The Pastures of the Wilderness: Geoffrey Hill’s ‘An Apology for the Revival of Christian Architecture in England.’” The Yearbook of English Studies, 17 (1987), 143-165; “Ted Hughes’s Fearful Greening.” Parnassus: Poetry in Review, 14 (1987), 150-163; “Illegible Lowell (The Late Volumes).” In Robert Lowell: Essays on the Poetry. Eds. Steven Gould Axelrod and Helen Deese. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1986, pp. 139-155.