- Photos From Our Trip
- Getting Around
- Instructions for Leinster House Visit
- Guest Experts
- Recommended Pubs
Instructions for Leinster House Visit
“All visitors must enter through the visitors’ entrance on Kildare Street beside the National Museum of Archaeology.
Please bring the below to the attention of the tour attendees;
- Bring photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence.
- Arrive at the Kildare Street gate 15 minutes before your tour.
- Avoid bringing large bags, holdalls, or suitcases as they will not be permitted on the tour.
- Notify us if you have any special requirements such as disability access.
- All participants are asked not to attend on site if symptomatic or after receiving a positive antigen or PCR test result.
- The most recent easing of restrictions has removed the general requirement for maintaining 2m physical distance, however public health advice continues to advise that maintaining a distance from other people is good practice. Please be respectful of other people’s personal space.
- It is still good practice to continue to use face masks/coverings particularly in crowded areas. The Service encourages all those visiting to continue to wear face masks when moving around the campus or when in close proximity to others.
- The right to refuse admission to visitors is reserved in all circumstances. This refusal may be made (on the authority of the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission and the relevant Standing Committee) by the Superintendent of the Houses; the Captain of the Guard; or any member of the staff of the Parliamentary Usher division or Service Officers.
- By asking permission to enter, you consent to giving an accurate description of your identity when asked (and show a copy of identification if we consider it necessary), to describing and producing anything you are carrying, and, if the relevant member of staff believes it necessary, to a non-intrusive search. This search may be conducted by either Parliamentary Ushers/Service Officers, members of An Garda Siochana, or both.
- You agree not to bring on the premises, or, during your presence there, having about you, any of the following items, or items of a similar nature:
- sharp items, for example, knives (including Swiss Army knives), scissors, cutlery, or screwdrivers
- paint spray
- padlocks, chains, or climbing gear
- items that make a noise (for example, whistles)
- banners, placards, or flags
- any item of clothing bearing logos, illustrations, or print which could reasonably be perceived as offensive or inappropriate, or which is clearly identified with a matter being debated before either House or a committee
- liquids that are not in sealable containers”